Today, Sunday 15th January, In the Year of Our Lord 2017.
Church was cancelled due to the incoming ice storm. The Pastors and Elder Board decided conditions could – would probably – get too bad for some members to safely return home.
Time is now 0844, I just a few moments ago returned from the church building and the streets aren’t impassibly by any stretch, but I would not be driving recreationally this morning. Whatever storm shows up, whatever quantity of freezing rain falls, will NOT make things any better.
I am now officially ‘in hiding’ until about half-past Tuesday. Tuesday is predicted as a high of 39 degrees Fahrenheit and some rain. At that temperature, the rain will melt extant snow and ice somewhat. (When it freezes at night will not be accommodating.) Then Wednesday through Sunday it should be above freezing during the days, at least.
Just for the record, I didn’t order the freezing rain.